Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More Moaning about the Cold

The Cold is still with us, and has taken over as the Thing of Life in the midwest. It is 9 below at midnight and the wind and windchill makes one's body feel like it c. 30 below, which is the record setting temperature we had one day in 1996, a day when I had to get to work, but had the flu and my heating system in the apt went out and the car would not start. I remember that the boss was not happy when I had to describe all the reasons I could not get to work. Several houses have caught fire around Iowa yesterday and today, and at least 4 people got killed in the fires. Not a happy cheery wintertime this year. Valley Forge and the Wehrmacht in front of Moscow in 42 come to mind to compare to this winter. The Obamas are the News, and W is going to give his Farewell speech tomorrow night. I watched The Lady Eve tonight as the video of the night, and it was very funny, but should be watched more than once to get all that Sturges put in it. Henry and Barbara were at the top of their form. As of right now I have commenced watching Camille, to see what Garbo could do. I have not seen very many flicks of hers, and for my cultural education should rent some more of her stuff. And I have not seen much of Robt. Tayor's flicks either. In a while when Red Eye comes on I will have to switch over to it. Can't miss Gutfeld. Very many of the schools around Iowa are going to be closed tomorrow, due to the icy roads and the Cold. This winter will be over in a few weeks, I hope. This will be all for now. You stay warm. Di di mau!

No comments: