Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First Blog in the New Era

The New Era refers to the Obama Administration. The Inauguration was a mess. Roberts and O both messed up speaking the words to the presidential oath and had to do it again in the White House the next day. Commentators are still debating whether the speech O gave was Great or was convoluted and weak. Aretha Franklin sang My Country tis of Thee, and I think made a hash of it. And then some lady read a poem and bombed. She was no Robert Frost. Some guy who was drum major for a band in the parade winked at O on the reviewing stand, and he got fired from his position. Then the next day O signed an executive order to close Gitmo in several months, without any plans for where to put the prisoners. Congress is going to put the TV change over to digital off till June, which is going to cost local stations a lot of money to stay on analog for 6 more months. More and more people in the thousands are being laid off every day. The economy is in the hole, and I need to look up what is going on in England, which seems to be have troubles with its banking system. I need to look into the world's money mess and halt my searchings into YouTube for a while. Cold icy weather is still upon us in the midwest, and the east half of the country is getting a winter pounding today. Warmth will get here in a month or so(depending on what we get in March.) I am watching a cage fighting match right now while typing. Obama the other day told a bunch of GOP congressmen that they should stop listening to Limbaugh on the radio. John Updike died yesterday. I read part of Rabbit Run years ago, and was not overwhelmed by it, and that is all I have actually read by Updike. I knew who he was but never got around to reading him. I stopped reading for about 20 years and lost track of current literary matters. There is much more that has happened since the Inauguration, but it is in cyberspace or in print, so I should look at news of this week to see what I missed. This is going to be all for right now. You stay warm and I will return. Di di mau! Oh yes! How can I forget to mention that a woman in California had 8 babies yesterday! More on that as the news comes out.

No comments: