Monday, July 21, 2008

Night after the Sunday Night Storm

Last night while writing the blog entry it began to rain and the wind began to blow and I got the emergency kit ready and went to sleep, and when I woke up this morning found out that we had had a state-wide wind storm that did Lots of damage, especially in the metroplex, with the usual lot of trees knocked down and power out and street lights out. In western Iowa winds of 100mph were charted. And that is what the major news in our region today. Raymond is on TV right now, and Marie has ruined Deb's Tupperware party. Some good comic acting going on even though the plot of the show is dark and bitter. And at a thrift store I found a used video of Disney's Peter Pan, which I have never seen! Interesting rendition of PP, especially Hans Conried's Captain Hook, but I have never cared for Wendy. I guess blame it on J.M. Barrie. Maybe if I watch the flick again I will learn to like Walt's Pete Pan a little better. Interesting that Walt leaves it open ended as to whether the croc ever actually eats Hook. So, this is all I have for tonight. Hopefully we can have a few days without a storm of some kind. You take care. Di di mau1

No comments: