Friday, October 10, 2008

More Crash News and other things

The financial crisis is now worldwide. In NYC the stock market closed today at c.8,400--down from c. 10,000 at the first of the week. Around here companies are already beginning to lay off people. A money expert was on the radio on KOA in Denver last week and he spent 2 hours predicting a total Depression coming, which could last till 2020. We will I suppose have to prioritize spending and necessities. In Des Moines yuppieness was getting out of hand anyway--too many people getting too rich too young too fast. I know that is a cruel attitude to have toward other people, because I could start feeling a retirement funds crunch myself. Watch who you accuse of w0rshiping the golden calf, because I have done a lot of it myself. A guy last night on the north side of town got an ear bitten off in a fight. And we have had really nice weather in this before-winter spell. I seem to be trying to function according to the lyrics of old songs from the early 30s. cuz we seem to be reliving the era just now. Not much money oh but Honey aint we got fun. I will not try to rehash the totality of the campaign and the Crash, which can be found on lots of news websites. Have been looking through youtube and found lots of music videos of all kinds of music and have been looking at Bollywood music and have discovered an Indian singer dancer named Helen, who is several really strange videos(dancing in a bottle et al) The whole of human endeavorness seems to be on the Web, and I should start putting myself on a schedule so that I do not spend all my waking hours sitting at the desk looking at the Web. But it is addictive. I guess I have not tonight sent anything into cyberspace of any importance to anyone else on earth, but this is My blog. Palin got her hands slapped by the Alaska legislature for firing her ex-brother in law, and Wm. Ayers has been made the big issue of the week. What did OBH know about him and did he approve of him being a violent bomber from the 60s? A number of TV news commentators do not seem to know what the Weathermen actually were. Since the Nam era was 40 years ago I guess a lot of people would not know the full details of everything from the period. Having been a little kid in the early 50s I do not know the full details of the McCarthy era, except that the older people I was around were suspicious of Communists and anything they thought might be Communism. This is going to be all for right now. If the Crash becomes Total very soon I will type something about it. So you take care. Di di mau!

No comments: